Benjamin Bridge strives to nurture not only healthy soils but healthy lives in a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace. Our winery runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate team, and we value diversity in the people we hire, the people we work with, and the people we serve. Benjamin Bridge is an equal opportunity employer with a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination in our workplace.
1996 White Rock Road, Gaspereau NS, B4P 2R1
firstname.lastname@example.org | 1.902.542.1560
An immediate opening exists for a full-time, permanent bookkeeper. This will be a full-time, salary position.
Duties May Include, but not limited to:
- Full cycle bookkeeping
- Processing financial transactions for accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Preparation of bank reconciliations (Matching and coding transactions from the bank feed in Xero)
- Journal entries
- Preparation of month-end files
- Investigating and resolving irregularities or inquiries.
- Receiving and verifying invoices
- Coding and entering invoices
- Performing cheque run processes
- Processing vendor payments
- Customer invoicing
- Posting cash receipts and applying payments
- Daily bank deposits
- Preparation of all payroll remittances (WCB, CRA, etc)
- T4 balancing and year-end processes
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Reconcile various accounts
- Journal entries
- Maintain processes and controls
- Updating inventory records
- Transportation to and from work location in Berwick NS (with flexibility to work from home)
- 3+ years of full-cycle bookkeeping experience
- Business Administration - Accounting diploma from recognized community college or university degree with a concentration in accounting
- Experience with accounting software systems (Xero, Plooto, Hubdoc) or aptitude to learn new systems
- MS Office proficiency (e.g., MS Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Keen attention to detail
- Data entry with high level of accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Up to date COVID vaccinations
- A kind, team player
Competitive Health Benefits Plan
To be disclosed upon interview.
E-commerce Order Clerk
We are looking for a friendly team-player who would thrive in a positive, fast-paced environment and is passionate about working for a small agri-business. Direct e-commerce sales from our farm winery have proved to be an important channel for our small business, one which we anticipate will continue to grow in coming years.
- Full time position, starting 1st June
- 6-month probationary period
- 30 – 40 hours / week
This entry-level position will be primarily focused on fulfilling customer e-commerce orders from our Berwick-based warehouse. This job involves receiving orders from the E-commerce Lead, picking and packing in the warehouse, recording lot numbers, keeping the warehouse tidy, occasional delivery driving in the Annapolis Valley and Halifax Metro, and working efficiently and effectively with our team.
As a small, fast-paced business we all do many jobs and so this position would also require the candidate to be able to shift to work in our winery's production facility or assist other team members as required.
Education and experience are not required if the candidate is friendly and eager to learn.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- transportation to and from work (Berwick Industrial Park),
- clean driving record and valid, full driver’s license,
- criminal background check,
- up to date on vaccinations,
- able to lift up 50 lbs / 22 kg,
- experience with computers,
- highly detail oriented with ability to do record keeping,
- team player, and self-motivated and can work independently,
- ability to adapt to various tasks in a fast-paced environment, and,
- must be over the age of 19.
- $15 / hour