Hospitality Team Member, Posted: 5 July, 2021
Main responsibilities will include hosting guided tasting experiences, serving wine by-the-glass on our terrace, retail sales, and miscellaneous office tasks. In addition, there is an opportunity to get first-hand experience in the production aspect of winemaking and work closely with our viticulturist to have a more in-depth understanding of our growing practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Complete hourly checklists, assist in larger events, maintain sales and inventory, assist in day-to-day office tasks (i.e. answering phones, data entry, filing, etc.), and assist in the execution of direct-to-consumer orders and deliveries. You will also be responsible for participating in meetings, perform other relevant duties as assigned, assist fellow team members with day-to-day activities as requested, and assist in production/viticulture tasks as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
You will be friendly, motivated, and pay close attention to detail. You will demonstrate strong skills in teamwork, multitasking, flexibility/adaptability, time management, and be comfortable speaking in front of groups. Ideally you will have a strong interest in wine and be eager and enthusiastic to learn. Education and experience are not required, but considered an asset. Weekend and evening work is required. Bilingual is considered an asset.
*Must be over the age of 19.
Tractor Operator and Equipment Maintenance, Posted: 24 June, 2021
An immediate opening exists for an experienced Tractor Operator & Equipment Maintenance team member to work within our 70+ acre vineyard located in the heart of the picturesque Gaspereau Valley, Nova Scotia. For over 20 years, we have specialized in crafting the highest quality sparkling wines thanks to our unique maritime terroir near the Bay of Fundy. Our prolonged growing season permits an extended ripening process that enables the grapes to achieve full phenological maturity, critical to the texture and complexity of these sparkling wines.
This will be an extended seasonal vineyard position from March to November, with opportunity to support our production team from December to February. The position is open immediately.
- Operating a tractor skillfully and safely are required. This may include but is not limited to:
- Spreading Compost/Fertilizer
- Spray Application (with licence)
- Pre-pruning, de-leafing, tip pruning
- Maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
- Assist with manual farm jobs as required (pruning, tying, tucking, weeding, harvesting etc.).
- Help with the coordination and execution of harvest
- Fast-paced team environment
- Detail-oriented tasks
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Outdoors in all types of weather
Requirements and Qualifications
- Tractor and equipment experience
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence with clean abstract
- Able to work outside
- Able to work up to 12 hours per shift during busy season
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs
Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
Our winery runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate team, and we value diversity in the people we hire, the people we work with, and the people we serve. Benjamin Bridge is an equal opportunity employer with a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination in our workplace.
Production Support, Posted: 7 June, 2021
Production support team members are a vital part of our business, allowing us to fulfill retail and wholesale demand for our Nova Scotia grown wines. We are looking for a team-player with strong attention to detail and a preference for physical work.
- Full time, starting immediately (at least 35 hours per week)
- Probationary period of three months from start date
This entry-level position will be primarily focused on readying our wines for market, including bottling, labelling, and packaging bottled wine into cartons, as well as preparing pallets of wine for shipment. As a small, fast-paced business we all often do many jobs and so this position would also require the candidate to be able to shift to support other areas of the business, including deliveries or vineyard.
- transportation to and from workplace (Berwick)
- detail oriented,
- a kind and energetic team player, who can also work independently,
- ability to adapt to various tasks in a fast-paced environment,
- ability to lift at least 50 lbs / 22 kg and to provide a sustained effort with repetitive tasks, and,
- a criminal background check.
- Health benefits after a three-month waiting period,
- Starting wage $13.50, with opportunity for advancement.